Quonset Development Corporation Water System Operator
Water System Operator
Operate, inspect, and maintain the various components of the water supply, treatment, and distribution systems for both the Quonset Business Park and Ladd Center public water systems (PWS’s). Provide technical input on as well as oversee proposed repair plans to the systems which include commercial wells, emergency interconnects, storage/pressure towers, distribution pipelines, associated valves, hydrants, cross connection control equipment, and electronic meters. Conduct all associated building and grounds maintenance.
To qualify, candidates must have demonstrated the ability to:
- Operate and monitor pumps of various sizes and capacities including deep well, chemical feed, booster, and sump pumps
- Monitor SCADA equipment, altitude valves, manual/electronic flow meters, and similar equipment.
- Identify and troubleshoot malfunctioning system components
- Perform preventive maintenance inspections, and undertake a variety of routine and emergency repairs including underground transmission main breaks
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and system/component operating manuals
Required Qualifications -
- Valid driver’s license
- High school diploma or GED
- CDL is required, or must be attained within six (6) months.
- R.I. Board of Certification of Operators of Drinking Water Supply Facilities: Distribution Operator Class 1 and Treatment Operator Class 1 licenses are required; or certification in Rhode Island by reciprocity from another state must be attained within ninety (90) days from date of hire.
- R.I. Board of Certification of Operators of Drinking Water Supply Facilities: Distribution Operator Class 2 license required within 18 months from date of hire.
- New England Waterworks Association or American Backflow Prevention Association: Certified Backflow Prevention Device Inspector/Tester; or must be attained within two (2) years of hire date.
- Must be able to attain a TWIC, General Dynamics / Electric Boat, and Department of Defense (DBIDS) security clearance badges within 90 days from date of hire.
Preferred Qualifications –
- Minimum of three years of experience as a System Operator in a water distribution or similar facility
- New England Waterworks Association American Backflow Prevention Association: Certified Cross-Connection Control Surveyor
- Salary will depend on experience and licenses. Hourly rate between $20.00-$27 per hour.
Please submit resume and qualifications, no later than October 12, 2021 to:
System Operator Selection Committee
Quonset Development Corporation
95 Cripe Street
North Kingstown, RI 02852
Fax (401) 268-9885 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
QDC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that values diversity. Registered with the Department of Homeland Security as an E-Verify Employer